Sunday, April 13, 2008

On March 29 Alaina was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was such a beautiful day and I felt the spirit so strong. Alaina has such a beautiful singing voice & wanted to sing 3 musical numbers in her confirmation meeting. We didn't want it to be too long, so we let her sing 2. She sang "I Love to See the Temple"with Xanna and "Love Is Spoken Here"with Braxton.



Alaina was baptized in the same dress I was baptized in, that was made by my mom. I was so excited when my mom had it tucked away with some of my other dresses!!



Alaina was baptized and confirmed by her Dad. How lucky we are to have the Priesthood in our home!!

A gift from her Uncle Tyler & Aunt Carrie-An embroidered towel with this cute little poem on it:



My Baptism Towel


Today you will be baptized


Your sins all washed away


And I will be there waiting


Excited in every way


For I'm a very special towel


With an important job to do


And I will be the one they take


To wrap around you


You can keep me as a reminder


Of this very special day


When you were baptized a member


And your sins were washed away.




We are so proud of the choice she has made to strengthen her relationship with her Heavenly Father and make the covenants that she has made.


Congratulations Laini-I love you!!!!!

6 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Wow! What a great weekend you had!! Congrats to Laini! What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives and our homes!
That is so cool that she wore your dress! I've saved my girls' dresses for their girls... Lauren was blessed in my blessing dress...it's neat to have those sentimental traditions!

Unknown said...

What a special day for your family! I think it's so wonderful that she was able to wear the dress that you were baptized in that's really cool!
Congrats Laini, you've made a wonderful decision!

LittlePartyof7 said...

Our oldest son, Braxton, was blessed in the same outfit that Brandon was blessed in. I thought it was so neat! I am keeping it now to give to him for his kids. I love sentimental traditions! I honestly cried when my mom had pulled the baptism dress from her chest! I was so excited!

Chelsey said...

What a wonderful day for you guys! She looks so beautiful in the dress! How special events like this are.

TheSainOnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheSainOnes said...

Laini, Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. We are Very proud of you.