Saturday, April 26, 2008

A little over a month ago, I had my last 2 wisdom teeth extracted. I had them in my mouth for over 10 years, but decided that I wanted them out. So, as the day approached I started getting a little nervous...DUH! I had to confess to the dentist, while sitting in the chair, that I was a little nervous. I think he got a good chuckle out of that, young little teeny bopper dentist.....ppppffffhhhhh.....Since when did I get older than the dentist??......Whatever!!! Anyhoo, he proceeded with the numbing & extracting & when he was done I asked to see them.


First of all: GROSS!!!....And secondly: HOLY COW!!! Now I totally know why I've been losing my mind......Every brain cell I have has been going to these oh-so-wise wisdom teeth!!!! I'm hoping I will see an improvement in my mind power now that they are gone.
So, as I was looking at these teeth, I asked the dentist if I could take them home. I'm sure he was thinking "what kind of weirdo is this?"-but then I said "I could totally get at least 50 bucks out of each of those suckers!" He laughed & they packaged them up & informed me not to touch them without a good cleaning first as they harbor bacteria....Great that bacteria can be in my mouth, but I shouldn't touch it with my hands!!!.... Wow, I'm analyzing everything!!! It must have been the medication?? So I discreetly slipped my little package into my purse & went home. I showed the kids & my sweet hubby & informed them all that I fully intend to place them strategically under my pillow......Brandon laughed, I have no idea why??? But, due to his little chuckle I think I'll wait until after the Economic Stimulus checks are sent out...so I have a pretty good chance the ol' tooth fairy will have some bulging pockets!!!!!

I'll let ya know how it turns out!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE the dentist! I was just there last week as a matter of fact...for an "almost" root canal. Apparently the dentist thought he could save the tooth so he didn't go through with the procedure and just filled the cavity instead! You'll have to let me know if your brain power increases because I still have ALL of my wisdom teeth..
PS good luck with the tooth fairy!

Hacking it up said...

Dang girl! Where were you hiding those? Gratefully I only had two of them, and I had them out when I was in college...I could have used some tooth fairy money then!! What was I thinking?...apparently my wisdom left with my teeth...I hope you get lots 'o monies for those suckers!!!

I hate the dentist...and I'm older than him too... :(

TheSainOnes said...

All I know is the Tooth Fairy BETTER pay up.

Jamie Nicole said...

Zachary needs to get his wisdom teeth removed so bad! You should tell him how brave you were about it and maybe he'll toughin up. :)
Way to go though! You should post a pic of your cheeks, when mine were removed I was a chipmunk completely!!

Chelsey said...

Ouch, not fun! I was 17 when I had all four wisdom teeth out. My face was so fat for weeks!