Sunday, March 23, 2008

Who knows what Grandma Larsen eggs are? Well at our house we all know. Growing up my husband, many know him as Brandon, spent many a Saturday night sleeping over at his Grandma Larsen's house. And spent many a Sunday morning eating the now famous, well in our house, Grandma Larsen eggs sitting next to Grandma Larsen herself. Well, with the abundance of hard boiled eggs around this time of year, it is an excellent time for making Grandma Larsen eggs. As we make the eggs we are reminded of the times that have been spent with Grandma and the memories that were made. All of these thoughts bring to mind how fortunate we are to have a Savior that was resurrected so that each of us can live again. And how blessed we are that we can be Eternal families & live together again.
You might call them something else, but we call them Grandma Larsen Eggs.
Grandma Larsen Eggs
Hard boiled eggs
Butter, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste

Peel and chop eggs (discarding shells, of course :-)) and place in microwave safe bowl. Add butter and mix. Microwave on high approximately 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is delicious over toast as well.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Thank you SO much for making me cry. I always miss Grandma the most at this time of year. I miss sitting in her house as a little kid and getting SO excited because the Easter Bunny was in the back yard hiding eggs. Now I spend my holiday all alone in Branson. :) I miss Grandma!!!

Littletime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Littletime said...

When Landon stayed with me one weekend, he asked me if I knew how to make Grandma Larsen eggs and I wasn't sure what he was talking about til he explained how Braxton and Brandon had made them for him one time then I knew exactly what he was talking about, we used to have them on the farm like that but they warm from cooking because micowave were not invented WAY BACK THEN. Thanks for keeping it alive. I miss her so much.

Chelsey said...

That is so special you guys keep that tradition going. She was such a sweet lady, I wish I could have gotten to know her better.

Helen said...

Those kind of eggs are the best.
I was thinking about her Easter Eggs hunts and how all the kids lined up at the gate waiting to be let in. She is a great lady who loves us one and all. I miss her to.

Hacking it up said...

I LOVE those eggs!!! We used to beg mom and dad to make them for us for dinner when we were little!
I miss Grandma! I'm so grateful for the traditions and legacy she left behind for us.