Monday, February 4, 2008

It was Thursday morning at 2:36 AM and I was awoken by a fretting husband who is apparently in excruciating pain. By 3:30 AM he is doubled over and strongly suggests a visit to the ER is in order. While a visit to the ER in the middle of the night isn't exactly what you want to do, at least the waiting room isn't filled with people coughing until they nearly vomit, or sleeping with their feet up on the couch as if it is their home. We were taken right in & told that "Women have babies & men have kidney stones." The entertainment that night was nearly a pole dance (minus the pole and robed in an "oh-so-sexy" hospital gown) by my husband. The nurses had seen the dance before and, matter of factly, informed us that he most likely had a Kidney stone. After 3 blown blood veins, the second male nurse got the IV going & we were back on our way to sleepful bliss. A CT scan confirmed the diagnosis & we were sent home at 6:00 AM with funnels in which to catch the wayward stone. After 4 days (and nights) of dry heaves, heating pads, prescription refills, home remedies, massages, phone calls to the poor on-call doctor and another x-ray, my husband has given birth to a disgusting brown KIDNEY STONE!!! There will most likely be no surgery needed at this point & hopefully the future looks bright.

2 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

I didn't know this! What a pain! Wow!! Since I saw you guys on Sunday I am guessing that everything is fine now. :) It is fun to see your blog, you write so well. Now just post some pictures of your cute family. I always tell Zachary that I think you guys have the prettiest kids ever!! They are all so gorgeous.

Bethany said...

Congratulation on giving birth to the 8th member of your family!!! OUCH!!! I'm so sorry. I hope he's feeling much better now. Cameron went through that on his mission and said it's one of the worst feelings.